Sunday, March 29, 2020

Tandy 1400LT

So, ya, I promised no new projects this year.  But when a Tandy 1400LT came up at a reasonable price, I had to jump on it.

It turned out that the only thing "wrong" with it was a missing AC adapter.  But another eBay sale later, and I have an AC adapter.

The floppy drives are working well.  The screen is good.
I took it apart for cleaning an inspection.  Even the clock battery wasn't leaking (but as soon as I get my Man Cave back, I'll be replacing that).

So, some Windex, rags, Q-Tips and elbow grease later, and it looks almost new.

The album is here.

I used many of the diskettes I created for my 1100FD and created some extra ones.  Pretty much all the software works really nice.

One interesting thing about this PC is that it has 768K of RAM.  It comes with a driver that will take that extra 128K and turn it into a RAM disk.  The boot floppies that came with the PC copy things like COMMAND.COM there on boot - which makes this feature really nice.

No comments: