Sunday, July 04, 2021

Lunch box portable - R.I.P.

The power supply blew.  This time there was smoke and it no longer works.

I'd like to fix it, but I think it's a lost cause - but mostly I don't want to experiment with high voltage stuff.

I examined the power supply closer trying to see if I can find the smoked component (no luck on that).  There's actually 2 power supplies there.

One is the standard PC power supply providing power to the motherboard and peripherals.  The other is just to supply power to the gas plasma display.  There was an extra power switch on the back of the PC that specifically controlled the display power supply.

I tried to source a replacement, but no luck so far.

It's not in the trash, but it is in storage for now.  I might find the parts useful for something in the future.  Or I may luck out and find a power supply.


No comments: