Saturday, April 25, 2020

Still locked down

Our fearless leader Queen Whit-less has decreed that we shall self-quarantine until May 15.  But she did "allow" us to do the things she stupidly said that we couldn't do 2 weeks ago (and caused a large protest that made national news and several petitions to recall her to hit over 200,000 signatures).**

So I am officially banished to the Man Cave until May 18.  Not happy.

The good news is that the Man Cave is getting several upgrades.  One of which is a new desk - actually an extra desk.  This will allow me to set up some of my larger projects (like the RC2014 and the C-64*) more or less permanently.  It should also allow me to have more other systems set up to play with.

The bad news is that my main work area will be taken up by real work until at least May 16.  So I can't play with my desoldering tool that I got for my birthday.  Also, my clock batteries arrived for my Tandy 1400LT and I need that area to install them.

* The C-64 requires a power supply for the C-64, plus another power supply to hook it to a modern monitor, and if I run the 1541 floppy drive, yet another outlet.  So it does require quite a bit of desk space to hook it up.

** Ignore this if you don't care about Michigan politics.
The emergency order that gives Whit-less the power to make these edicts ends on May 1 and to extend it, she needs to get permission from the legislature.
So I'm uncertain if her latest edict will have any authority past May 1.  It's possible that the legislature will just override it and let people make their own decisions.

I do know that the legislature wants to limit Herr Whit-ler's emergency power, but it's mostly symbolic since it won't pass.  But it does mean that the legislature won't give her permission to extend her authority beyond what's currently in the Michigan Constitition.

No comments: