Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Rebounding from the depths of madness

Just kidding.  I'm coping well while under house arrest by the Evil Tyrant Whit-less.

The new desk has arrived and now have more space.  I have the C-64 set up more or less permanently.  But the Composite to VGA adapter that I have leaves a "rainbow" at the top of the screen.  Nothing that stops me from doing anything, but it's just bothersome.  I've tried others adapters and they do the same thing.  So it could be my C-64.  But other people said that they had the same issue and tracked it back to the adapter.  So it's spend more $$$ on a better adapter or leave it.  I think I'll leave it for now.

Since I had room, I was finally able to test out my Hakko FR-301 desoldering tool that Dawn got me for my birthday.  Really nice.  This will come in handy when I get some time to replace the battery in my Tandy 1400LT and in future projects.

New laptop today!  Woo Hoo!  Just waiting for the friendly neighborhood UPS guy to stop by.  Signature required (which is a good thing).

Exercise is going good.  The weather has been good and we've been able to get out for walks.  I've also been doing light weights in the dance/exercise room.  I'm in a good routine now.  The only thing we have to "fix" is that we are eating out on the weekends too much.

The projects that require lots of time and desk space are still building up.  I have my power switch for my TRS-80 4P.  But I have to do a big disassembly to get that installed.  I already alluded to my 1400LT battery replacement.  I also want to start moving on the new alarm clock.

We have a Sonos speaker in the bedroom.  But we really only use it as an alarm clock.  I want to create an internet alarm clock that runs off our internal server and doesn't have the security issues a Siri/Alexa-enabled speaker might have.


No comments: