Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tiramisu Jello Cake

I some coffee jelly (i.e. Jell-O) on J-List and couldn't resist trying it out.
So I picked up a Betty Crocker SuperMoist French Vanilla cake mix.  The mix calls for 1 cup of water.  I replaced that with 1 cup of strong coffee and baked the cake in a 9x13 inch pan.
Baked and cooled according to the directions on the mix.
Then, like other Jell-O cakes, I punched holes in the top of the cake.
I made the coffee jello according to the directions (I had to guess a bit because I can't really read Japanese - but, seriously, how hard is it to make Jell-O?) and poured it over top of the holey cake.
Then I put it in the fridge.
After a while (an hour or so), I topped it with 1 small container of Cool Whip.

The result was a light tasting, vanilla-coffee cake.  Very yummy (and a nice break from all the chocolate that I was using today)

No comments: