Saturday, December 02, 2017

The end of "vacation"

So yesterday was my last "vacation" day.  I start work at a new job on Monday.  Which is a good thing because I finished up most of my projects.

The MemoSaver project was (finally) a success.  I had the expected issues with the serial interface, but I got it working at 1200 BPS.  At that speed, even with large memos, it works pretty well.

I finished up my Christmas Lights project.
150 NeoPixels hooked up to an Arduino Uno.  I powered it off a 5V 10A power supply.  Everything's protected with (laugh) a utility bucket with a tight fitting lid and some silicone sealant.

Still more projects in the queue, though.  I have a Fun Light Switch Box.  I made one of these before, but made some mistakes (partly due to a poor design and partly my ignorance).  They updated the design and I've learned, so this one should work out much better.

I have a couple of Matchbox restoration projects that are almost done.  Just waiting for parts now.

I want to write some meaty software for my PC-2.  So I'm looking at porting the Enigma (yes, the German WWII encryption machine) to my PC-2.  Since it's a complete rewrite from a modern programming language to a very constrained BASIC, I have to take it all the way down to basics and redesign things.  A nice, meaty, project.

The rest of my projects remain in hold status.  When I get time...  (Probably after I retire in 18 years.)

No comments: