Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Latest

Wow.  No update since May.  But I have an excuse since I've been busy and big changes have happened.

I've gotten a TPDD2 for my T102 and I had fun playing with that.  I've also gotten LaddieAlpha working on my Raspberry Pi 0 W.  My latest project there is to make a drive activity light work.  I also need to make a button that reboots LaddieAlpha.

LaddieAlpha is C#/Mono.  I tried to update it to use .Net Core 2.0, but there is still no hardware support in .Net Core, and LaddieAlpha needs to change the serial port settings.

I'm playing with the idea to logging into the Pi 0 W using the serial port.  But the TELCOM program on the T102 is very limited.  While it does work to play some games (like Adventure), it's very hard to edit a file using vi.

I've also gotten my PC-2 and PC-4 software loaded through the cassette cradle and the sound card on my PC.

I am no longer on my condo board!  Yay!  Certain people on the board want to personally be "The Board" and make decisions without the input from the rest of the board.  Those people are also unprofessional, abusive and (should I say it?  Yes!) stupid.  Rather than deal with this, I'll just let them self-destruct (or hopefully get the abusive one out when she does something improper).

But the big change is that I have, for the moment, joined the ranks of the Unemployed.  Yes, after 20 years, my "position has been eliminated", which we figure is pretty true.  They aren't doing any new development.  Heck, all the programmers pretty much went to the outsourcing company.  So if we don't have any programmers and aren't doing any new development, why do they need an architect?  Makes sense.

The only problem with their thinking is that the outsourcing company is pretty much staffed by newbies.  They aren't dumb by any means.  But they don't have any experience.  Some don't even know how to install the developer tools.  I figure that sometime later this month, I'll get a call to "consult" with them (i.e. "please come in and work hard to pull our rear ends out of the fire").

I intend to have a new job before then.

I now have 6 recruiters looking out for me.  I have 2 companies that have expressed an interest and I've applied at about 10 in the last week.  So not too bad.

I'm not in any big rush since the severance package kicks in soon (which is one big reason why my ex-company and the name of the outsourcing company will not be posted here).  So I basically get my paycheck until Feb. 2018.

No comments: