Saturday, May 04, 2024

Misc. Updates

 I haven't posted an update for a while.

Kaypro 1 - It was giving me fits, so I sort of turned it into a "parts" machine and got a Kaypro 4/84 working very nicely.

I was finally able to acquire a Sperry HT.  The first computer I ever owned.

As expected, the hard drive is long toast, so I took the IDE-XT-CF card from the Sperry Portable and put it there.  Then fixed the DOS on it.  Explanation: The Sperry HT was one of the first to have a real time clock, but it requires a special version of DOS 2.11 to work.  So I installed that version.

Cleaned it up.  Lubed up the floppy drive and cleaned it.  Now working on fixing the foam-and-foil keyboard.  It's looking nice.

So some of the items that I was going to bring to VCFMW won't be going now (or will be on the free table), but I still have a good amount of stuff to bring and donate.

And I'm looking at downsizing a few other systems that I simply don't have table space for.  Goal: I have all computers available for use at any time and try to rotate through them to play with them every couple of weeks.  Also, to get rid of systems that I simply am no longer interested in anymore.

No comments: