Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Penguicon that never was

Penguicon was this weekend.  We didn't even notice that we had missed it until today.

What I did this year was go through the panel list and pull out everything that I wanted to see.  After thinking about each one, I pared that list down to about 5 panels.  Pretty bad.  Out of 48 hours of panels, I could only find 5.

I researched the topics on the 5 panels in less than one day.

So I believe that we made the right decision to skip it.  Unless I see big changes for next year, we probably won't be going ever again.


Today (5/2/2017), a message to the Penguicon-General mailing list from Eric S. Raymond (if he posts it on his web site, I'll edit to add the link here) basically echoed the issues that I already documented with Penguicon.  But I guess this year, it was even worse, vindicating our decision to not attend.

I didn't realize, but one of the GOHs was a SJW (Social Justice Warrior).  I'm really glad I didn't waste my time and money going this year.  Penguicon has been taken over by the left-wing regressives as I thought.


No comments: