Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Arduino TPDD update

The Arduino Uno had too little SRAM for both the SD library and the other code I need to run. So I updated to an Arduino Mega (which has 8K instead of 2K of SRAM).

The Mega moved some pins around, so I had to adjust for that.  But after some trial and error, the SD library is working along with the software serial library.

I am able to access the SD card and hear commands from my T102.

I also added a drive activity light.

I've spent time studying the DeskLink+ (dl.c) code as well as the TPDD base protocol at bitchin100. So I'm ready to start writing the code that will link the serial communications with the SD card.

The code is now on GitHub under a GPL license.  I'll be checking in fairly frequently as I start fleshing out the code.

No comments: