Sunday, May 06, 2012

Project week

Old Radio Project:

This is something I've been wanting to do for a while now.  Take an old wood case radio and upgrade it.  My first attempt was to simply turn it into a cool speaker system for an old MP3 player.  So far, it's successful.  I'm playing with the Google+ image facility it has to document the project.

Next step is to install the amp, speakers, cloth, and lights.

Aki/NAS:

This project was to get Aki revamped as a NAS.
Last weekend I put in the new hard drive and installed Ubuntu server.  I also installed some extra packages.
Today I moved all the backup stuff from Chika to Aki.
I also set up the Squeezebox server on Aki and turned it off on Chika.

Next step is to move Aki someplace other than the location where I have her sitting right now.

Misc.

Bike rack is on the car.

Now it's rest time.

No comments: